Because Amazon’s Fire Sticks go on sale so often, you’ve probably got one in every room. Having everything synced between your Amazon account makes streaming and renting movies a whole lot easier. In the event that your home has multiple Amazon devices, staying organized is paramount. It can be difficult to switch between several Fire TV devices, so naming them properly can help you push content to the right one.
The names of your Fire TV devices are fairly standard by default, but you can change them. Changing the name of any Amazon device is as simple as accessing your online Amazon account, making your smart home environment simple and easy to use.
Changing Your Fire TV Stick Name Via the Official Website
On Amazon’s official website, you can access the settings to change the name of your Fire TV Stick. You should first determine the name of the device you want to change. Before proceeding, you should also know your Amazon credentials.
Check the Name of Your Device
Each Fire TV Stick device is given a random name by Amazon. The more devices you own, the more confusing it can become. You must therefore know the exact name of your device before changing it. The process is especially helpful if you want to rename a bunch of different devices at once.
As an example, if you want to change the name of your bedroom’s Fire TV Stick to Bedroom, you must know the current name of the device.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Settings section of your Fire TV Stick app.
- On the right, click My Fire TV.
- Click on the Fire TV Stick. You’ll see these names after your model if you have a 4K or Lite model.
- Under the Device Name section, note the assigned name.
Perform these steps for each Fire Stick in your house if you have more than one. It’s time to visit Amazon’s website once you’ve identified the default names of each device.
Access Your Amazon Account
Amazon’s website is the only way to change your Fire TV Stick’s name, but first, you must sign in to your Amazon account. Step three can be skipped if you’re already logged in.
- Visit Amazon’s official website and click the Hello, Sign In menu at the top-right.
- In the dialog box, type your email address and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Sign In when prompted.
Make sure you log into the Amazon account that’s connected to your home devices if you have multiple Amazon accounts. If you don’t, you won’t be able to find the Fire TV Stick you want.
After signing into the account, it’s time to change the names.
Changing the Device’s Names
Return to Amazon’s home page first in order to change the names. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click Manage Your Content and Devices under Let Us Help You at the bottom of the page.
- You can view all Amazon devices by clicking on the Devices tab.
- To rename a device, find it and click on it. Below the selected device, a new menu will appear.
- Next to the device name, click the small Edit button.
- Click Save after choosing a new name for the device.
Your device’s name will be changed as a result. Next time you use your Fire TV Stick remote, you’ll know exactly which device to select.
Any Amazon device can be renamed using the same method described above. It doesn’t have to be a Fire TV or Fire TV Stick; you can also change the name of your Kindle.
Changing the Fire TV Stick Name on Your Phone
With an Amazon app on your smartphone, you can change the name of your Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. Follow these steps:
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon app.
- On the top-left of the screen (three horizontal lines), click the hamburger button.
- From the drop-down menu, select Your Account.
- Select Content and Devices.
- Click on Devices.
- You can rename a Fire TV or Fire Stick device by selecting it.
- You will see a new screen after tapping the Edit option.
- Your device’s name will be successfully changed when you choose the new name and tap Save.
Choosing the Right Name
Change the name of your Amazon Fire TV Stick to something you can associate with that device if you decide to do so. Instead of naming devices randomly, name them according to the rooms they’re in if you have multiple devices at home.
However, it is always up to you to make the final decision. You can always rename the devices again if you’re not satisfied with some of the names assigned to you.
Can you recommend a name for an Amazon device? What would you name the ones in your home? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.