In Genshin Impact, tough fights are the norm. A Statue can sometimes revive a fallen party member or boost your health, but that’s not feasible during battle. How should a traveler proceed?
In boss fights, Genshin Impact players can use the cooking mechanic to their advantage. In order to use a recipe, though, you must convert wilderness resources into usable ingredients.
Find out how Genshin Impact gathers and processes resources into cooking ingredients. Discover the importance of unleashing your culinary genius at a campfire to unleash your combat prowess.
How to Get Ingredients in Genshin Impact
Most ingredients must forage in the wild, but you can buy some from Monstadt’s General Goods Shop or Liyue Harbor’s Second Life. There are many resources in Teyvat that can be processed into cooking ingredients such as:
- Wildflowers and mushrooms are found in the wilderness
- Most bodies of water contain fish, such as rivers, oceans, and waterfalls.
- All over Teyvat, birds can be shot with a bow or hit with a sword
A bounty of common and rare cooking resources can also be obtained by breaking crates in enemy camps and dungeons.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact
In the game, gathering resources in the wilds of Teyvat is the first step towards making a dish. In many cases, you will have to refine those resources before you can use them in a recipe. The cooking mechanics in the game make it easy to process ingredients as well as cook recipes.
To get started, all you need is a cookfire. In the wild, at camps, and even in restaurants, you can find them. To get started, follow these steps:
- To access the cooking menu, approach a (lit) cookfire and interact with it. If you come across an unlit fire, equip a party member with Pyro skills (usually Amber) and light it. To open the menu, interact with the fire once it’s lit.
- Upon clicking the “Recipes” tab, the menu automatically opens. You can open the processing menu by selecting the “Processing” tab or the chili pepper icon.
- Choose the item you want to process. By checking out the item’s information window, make sure you have enough of the required ingredients before selecting them.
- Click the “Cook” button in the bottom right corner.
Some ingredients take a while in real-world time, so you can wait until the item finishes processing. Although waiting a minute for flour to process may be feasible, waiting three minutes for sausage may not be. If this occurs, you can exit out of the menu and continue your adventure. After your ingredients are processed, you’ll receive a notification and can pick them up at any cookfire in Teyvat.
How to Process Ingredients?
Genshin Impact makes it relatively easy to process ingredients. Regardless of the platform, miHoyYo has standardized the way ingredients are processed in-game.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on PC?
You can process ingredients by interacting with a lit cooking fire or following these steps:
- You can open the cooking menu by pressing “F” to interact with the fire.
- The “Processing” tab or the chili pepper icon should be selected.
- Select the item(s) you wish to process.
- In the lower corner of the screen, click the “Cook” button.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on the iPhone
Ingredients are processed in the same way across all platforms. To get started on iOS, follow these steps:
- You can open the cooking menu by interacting with a lit cooking fire.
- Click on the “Processing” tab or the chili pepper icon.
- Process the selected items.
- The “Cook” button is located near the bottom of the screen.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on an Android Device
Regardless of the platform, the steps for processing ingredients are the same. You’ll need a lit fire to cook. Here’s how you process ingredients once you find one:
- The cook fire can be interacted with.
- Select the “Processing” tab near the top of the cooking menu.
- Select the item(s) you wish to process.
- The “Cook” button is located near the bottom of the screen. When you’re ready to begin processing ingredients, press it.
How to Process Ingredients in Genshin Impact on a PS4
In Genshin Impact, processing ingredients is as easy as “1-2-3!” All you need to do is walk up to the nearest lit fire and interact with it to begin.
- Go to the “Processing” menu tab to the right of the current tab in the cooking menu. The one with the chili pepper icon is it.
- Select the item(s) to process from the ingredient thumbnails.
- Select the “Cook” button near the bottom corner of the screen when you are ready to begin processing.
How to Process 3 Ingredients in Genshin Impact
Early in the game, the Adventurer’s Handbook contains the quest “Process 3 Ingredients”. Process ingredients are an integral part of the cooking puzzle as you explore Teyvat, and the game prepares you to use cookfires and recipes regularly.
Three ingredients can be processed as follows:
- Like the one outside Monstadt, find a cooking pot with a lit fire.
- Open the cooking menu by interacting with it.
- The processing menu options can be accessed by selecting the chili pepper icon tab.
- Make sure you have the resources to process the item you select.
- Near the bottom of the screen, click “Cook.”.
- Multiple items can be processed using the slider (optional).
- You can pick up your processed items later at any cook pot after the processing time is complete.
- If you didn’t process multiple items, repeat steps 1-5 two more times.
You should start by processing the simplest items, like sugar or flour, if you’re new to processing. Sugar only requires two Sweet Flowers, and they grow abundantly in the Teyvat wilds. There is only one Wheat unit needed for flour, and you can only find it looting crates or buying it from the General Goods store.
The majority of herbs can be found in the Teyvat wilderness. Herbs are harvested in different locations depending on their type.
Liyue’s “Herbalist’s Forage” request, for instance, requires three Violetgrass, one of eight “Liyue Local Speciality” ingredients. Liyue is the only place you can find them. Violetgrass grows specifically on cliffs in Liyue.
Herbs from the region include:
1. Under the cliffs of Mt. Hualo, Cor Lapis
2. Qingxin – high altitude, near Guyun Stone Forest and Jueyun Karst
3. Wild silk flowers grow near Liyue Harbor and Wanghsu Inn
The “Herbalist’s Forage” request also mentions mint and sweet flowers. Both can be found throughout the game’s world. Sweet Flowers can be purchased from Flora in Monstadt or grow virtually anywhere. Mint grows in grassy areas.
In any cook pot, you can process milk to make butter, cheese, and cream. There are a variety of complex recipes in the game that require all three of these ingredients.
Sugar takes three minutes to fully process (in real-time). The processing time doesn’t combine if you’re processing multiple items; it stacks. Three sugars will take nine minutes to process and be ready for pickup if you process them at the same time.
The game currently has 68 recipes as of update 1.6. Nine of those recipes are given to you at the beginning. If you want more, you’ll have to look for them. Usually found in chests, they are awarded for completing domain challenges, city reputation tasks, and quests. Restaurants in town may also sell recipes.
Always Have Something Processing
While it can be tempting to wait until you need a particular ingredient, how often have you found yourself in a bind mid-combat? A delicious dish can give you an edge in battle, but without the right ingredients, you cannot prepare complex dishes ahead of time. By dropping off items regularly at a cookfire, you’ll always have the ingredients you need.
What are the processed ingredients you always have on hand? We’d love to hear about it in the comments section.