Trending searches on Google are a great way to stay on top of what people are interested in at a particular time. This feature, however, may sometimes interfere with your actual search objectives. If that’s the case, you may want to disable trending searches, and we can help.
We’ll explain how to disable Google trending searches on a mobile browser, Google app, or PC in this guide. We will also explain how to disable personalized and related search results. In addition, we will answer the most common questions regarding Google search.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome on an Android Device
You can disable Google trending searches via a mobile browser on an Android device by following these steps:
- Go to google.com using your mobile browser of choice.
- To access the menu, tap the three-line icon in the upper left corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Find the Auto-complete with trending searches option by scrolling down.
- Don’t show popular searches by tapping this button.
How to Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome on an iPhone
To disable Google trending searches on your iPhone, follow these instructions:
- Go to google.com in your mobile browser.
- To open the menu, tap the three-stripe icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select Settings.
- Find the section Auto-complete with trending searches at the bottom of the page.
- Don’t show popular searches by selecting this option.
How to Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome on a PC
Follow these steps to turn off trending searches in Google on your PC:
- You can access Google.com by opening your browser.
- At the bottom right corner of your screen, click Settings.
- From the menu, select Search settings.
- Under Auto-complete with trending searches, select Do not show popular searches.
How to Turn Off Trending Searches via the Google App
You can disable trending searches if you prefer to use the Google mobile app instead of a browser:
- Install the Google app on your phone or tablet.
- You can access your profile photo or name’s initial by tapping the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to Settings, then General.
- Turn the toggle next to Auto-complete with trending searches off by moving it from right to left.
Currently trending queries are used to determine Google’s search suggestions. By analyzing the searches of people around the world, the algorithm recommends the most popular searches to other users. At the end of autumn, many people may begin searching for “Christmas decorations,” and Google will suggest this query.
Follow Updates but Stay Private
How do you feel about Google’s trending searches and personalized suggestions? What do you think of these features? Do you find them useful or annoying? Comment below and let us know what you think.